Anyone who has ever known me or been a patient knows my dislike for weight watching/weight loss groups, programs or plans – especially those advised by pharma, doctors or well known companies. Why?
Because pharma is not trained in health or diet; doctors do 6 hours of nutrition courses in their entire training (equivalent of a fraction of high school human biology); companies are set up purely to make money. Treatments to supposedly help someone lose weight are invariably temporary – and come laden with side effects.
Untrained distributors attend rah-rah meetings and learn how to flog products. Nothing gets me going faster than seeing someone struggling with health, flogging health products – or struggling with weightloss, flogging weightloss products.
FOR A CONFIDENTIAL eHEALTH ASSESSMENT FOR NOT JUST YOUR WEIGHT BUT YOUR LIFE, CLICK HERE
ANY diet set out just to lose weight is doomed to fail you in some way or another. If not, surely every thin person would be free of sickness or chronic disease? That is simply not true. Likewise, it’s not about calories, food pyramid or 5 food groups – these little games were made up by people who had something to gain – usually fame and money – and they have led many generations down a slippery slope of ill health and obesity.
Likewise, losing weight rapidly like big budget TV weightloss type shows advocate are riddled with issues – starvation tactics are shocking to the body; they do not teach you how to interact with the real healing food; joint/muscle/bone injuries and damage are rife; the organ damage inflicted by such trauma and shock is not a one-off or temporary. It’s permanent. While the makeover end results are great and nice to see, it’s the punishment and self doubt that is soul destroying. And sadly, down the track only a fraction are successful.
The good news is that there IS a diet that heals, rebuilds at a cellular level AND weightloss is just a welcome side effect. Keep reading to find out how…
It’s no secret that obese people are among the most malnourished despite the amount of food consumed.There is SO much you can do to get to your ideal weight BUT it must revolve around HEALTH. Healthy living, healthy habits, healthy lifestyle. And for most, these things are alien. So, what to do?
1. Get alkaline – for any body to be healthy, it must be alkaline – otherwise you are ageing rapidly, acid is increasing your chance of chronic illness, cancer, emotional/psychiatric illness, organ damage and yes, obesity. This point also rings true for people who cannot gain weight. See my links at HERE and link below for the CHAPS eating plan which is a food preparation and diet plan based on Dr Robert Young’s incredible research over many decades and hundreds of thousands of cases, all based around a neutral pH.
2. Get moving – for some this is very difficult – but even passive exercise will help. It can be as simple as walking outside. In fact, get that vitamin D into you – it is going to have many more benefits than sitting inside thinking about it. Find an exercise program based around your life or abilities. There is an exercise program for us all – it should not be painful, other than occasional muscle burn. If you are confused, see a physio who teaches clinical pilates which will help your health as well as your body. Smashing and pounding your body at a gym may work for a while if you are inspired, but for most a gym membership is a waste.
3. Stop bad habits – do you drink sugary coke? Coffee? Lots of alcohol? Choc milks or iced coffee? STOP! Don’t cut down – it’s not about moderation – it’s about doing ALL you can to undo the damage you have already inflicted. It’s your only chance on your only body – it’s up to you, not some magical medical procedure or side-effect laden pill.
4. Find your ‘instead’ – so if you eat a lot of bread, find something else to eat instead – gluten, the protein in wheat and a few other grains, is one of the worst things you can do for your health – pain, inflammation, weight gain, digestive upset, etc. Cut it completely. Find a gluten free bread or crackers – and even luscious snacks by all means but it’s only bad habits that dictate that we must eat it with every meal. Change that habit. If you reach for table salt every meal, use Himalayan salt instead – full of electrolytes and actually good for your cells. If you reach for sugar to go with everything, make sure it’s stevia or xylitol instead. Ask what your INSTEAD is with every single habit and choice. Just because it has the dodgy healthy heart tick or weight watchers stamp of approval does not make it healthy. People actually sit around board tables discussing how to do grant proposals to set these ridiculous programs up. The latest one in Australia is probably the worst yet – Milo gets a top mark for health and wellbeing. Are you kidding me? With actors as usual, faking some form of health and fitness background. By the way, you can still get your chocolate fix…
5. Water – yes, this suggestion has been done to death. That is because it’s a valid one! Did you know, if you feel thirsty, your body is already dehydrated? Your brain is the last organ to recognise thirst but once you feel thirsty your body is already in panic mode and going through damaging chemical reactions to cope – and your brain is past needing water – it actually begins to dry out and shrink. Drink water all day, even if you have to sip it. No, don’t add sugary cordials. And no, coffee or tea is not water. Stop tainting it! The only thing I ever suggest going into your water is lemon or lime juice. And for every ‘other’ drink you have – whether it’s alcohol, coffee, tea, iced drinks, fizzy drinks, etc – you need at least another cup of water instead – to undo the damage. While I don’t advocate alcohol, I know in the real world people drink it – so choose less sugary options. Without sugary fizzy additive drinks – instead, use soda water and a dash of fresh lemon or lime. Water down wine with soda water. Instead of club lemon, how about fresh lemon?NOT sugar.
6. Herbal teas – did you know, you can actually treat your health almost 100% through well chosen herbal teas? Okay so you’d really have to like tea to do that (luckily I have learned to love it) but yes, it can be done. Appetite suppressing tea, energising tea, sleep-inducing tea, lymphatic flushing tea, and so on. There are even fasting teas that help you to go without food… Just a few easy-to-make-at-home ideas (no sweetener or milk):
- Ginger – balances hormones, soothes/heals digestion, achey joints (grate 1 teaspoon or 1 teaspoon dried, into cup hot water)
- Parsley – flushes kidneys, clears fluid and acidity (1 teaspoon in hot water with lemon juice)
- Rosemary – period pain, concentration and antibacterial (1 sprig in hot water)
- Lemon grass – clears skin and blood (finely chop approx 1 teaspoon and add to hot water)
- Sage – hormone balancing, calming (1 teaspoon in hot water)
- Rooibos – tonic (as per directions – no milk)
- Slippery elm – soothes stomach pain (1 teaspoon in hot water, mix well)
- Lemon and cayenne – increases thermogenic processes (half teaspoon cayenne in half cup hot water, dash lemon juice)
- Aloe vera – soothes digestion, skin, great laxative (squeeze contents of a 1 inch slice of aloe leaf into hot water and lemon juice)
- Psyllium – clears bowel (1 teaspoon dissolved in hot water, with lemon)
7. Fasting – yes, you heard right. Did you know why ‘break-fast’ is named just so? Because it is meant to be the breaking of the fast. As in you should not have eaten since daybreak the previous day. And yes, that means nothing except water. Few live by this healthy rule any longer. And did you know that contrary to popular folk lore (aka modern day health advice) it does not mean shovel in as many calories as you can? It means eating healthy to fuel your body – FYI fatty food and starchy processed carbs do not fuel your body. So how do you fast? Every night eat a light meal and lots of water.
Do not get up and have that midnight snack – make sure there is NOTHING in the fridge or pantry that resembles the life you now lead. The most astounding thing is, yes, you can have ice-cream or cake even – which tastes even better than what you now know as those foods (see free recipe page here – click on photos, albums and recipes are attached to each photo in each section).
In the morning, start with a drink of water with lemon added. If you have digestive problems, have some slippery elm to line the entire GI tract. If you suffer constipation, soak some psyllium in a tall glass of water and allow to soak up – then drink. Either dissolved in hot water or eaten off the spoon, coconut oil will flush not just cellulite but plaque from the bowel.
Then have a smoothie – or a freshly squeezed juice – have both if you have a large appetite or demanding day. If cereal and fruit is your thing, try raw muesli. They will give you more nutrients than any other diet possible. So, by doing this you are fasting every single night – hopefully for 12 hours – so 6 to 6, 7 to 7, or 8 to 8 and so on. And try an easy, occasional fast for real. You will need more preparation for this but you will find more here – HERE
8. Natural supplements to help heal and rebuild your body – ask yourself why health nuts are usually thin and healthy ‘looking’ – we’re not lucky magical people. Most of us have a chronically ill past but just decided enough was enough. We eat well, even if we feel like gorging some days. We stick to healthy habits – it takes some effort but it’s worth it. We don’t rely on medications to keep us alive – even if some of us did once. We just find a healthy new way to live. As in really live, not just exist.
Everything I recommend is vegan, organic and ethically sourced – all done for you – and postage from this company (now my chosen supplier due to low costs) is just a few dollars no matter where you are. It’s all affordable – far moreso than buying more food than any of us need every day. So what supplements can help you? There are just so many – find the ones that will help you but please, start with the superfood tonics, healthy foods, superfoods, high nutrients – the stuff that health is made from –
a) Appetite suppressant (healthy kind) – HERE
b) Digestive/vital organ tonic/thyroid tonic/lymphatic flush – HERE
c) Fat burning/metaboliser (non chemical) – HERE
d) Thermogenic/detox tea – HERE
e) Sugar/fat metabolism – HERE
f) Superfood/tonic/vitamin/antioxidant/herbal (vital) – HERE
g) Trace elements/minerals/energy (vital) – HERE
h) Essential fatty acids/Omegas 3/6/9 – HERE
i) Superfood meal replacement – HERE
– none of the above have the same bad side effects that are linked to so many pharma-based diet pills and treatments. They simply work. It’s not about the latest fad, or the VLCD which is a starvation diet that your body is going to rebel against; ever noticed why all these poor girls, excited about ‘advising’ you on TV ads, still carrying the extra weight – are nowhere to be seen down the track? When it fails they simply find another girl to do the ad, and so on.
(See Elizabeth’s before an after pics above)
If weightloss comes without health, what is the point? I’ve lost count of the number of weightloss patients who came to me AFTER they lost the weight and were seriously ill. Get healthy – weightloss will follow.
See here for the diet to end all diets. It will take you through a step by step programme that will change your life forever.
IF YOU WOULD PREFER A COMPREHENSIVE, PERSONALISED (AND CONFIDENTIAL) eHEALTH ASSESSMENT CLICK HERE
- When you place your order via iHerb, be sure to check that the referral code LSH273 appears at checkout to receive another $10US off your total order (first order only).