It’s true. Before I learned the shortcuts it was normal for me to take 18 different supplements a day. All very safe, all very effective but a huge waste of money. There are a few very vital points to remember when considering supplementation –
- Today, 9/10 supplements sold on pharmacy and some health shop shelves are synthetic. They are therefore pseudo nutrients. Alien to our bodies and capable of causing detrimental side effects. Choose only natural, plant based and organic where possible. I also advise to not trust any company that uses animal testing processes, or animal products. I do not see any equation between loss and suffering of one life and hoping to gain one’s own health.
- We ALL need supplementation in some form. In the early 1920s in Australia alone, long before development and subsequent destruction of our environment, it was determined scientifically that 16 trace/micro nutrients were missing from our soil. Food comes from our soil. Even if we farm organically and biodynamically we will be found to lack somewhere, even if that chance is far less than someone who eats a rubbish standard western diet (that your doctor will advise). Our air and water and now exponentially more polluted and any nutrients we take in often are not assimilated due to the damage caused by our environment and modern day stresses. We must therefore then supplement at a cellular level.
- Medical experts are not educated in diet – unless they sidestep and study this topic that has little to do with modern medicine. In fact, many old school nutritionists are trained only marginally more than doctors as they have learned from industry-penned dietetics books. Meaning the people funding the books – meat, wheat, dairy, sugar type boards. Hence the reason even the worst of ‘foods’ are classed as part of a vital balanced diet.
- Inflammatory processes caused by medication, heredity, stress, environmental factors and so on prevent nutrient uptake. If your supplements cause your urine to become bright yellow (unless high in curcumin or other yellow-based supplements) you can bet they are either synthetic or your body is not adequately balanced to utilise these nutrients.
- Animal proteins and other animal supplements are foreign to our bodies – much like a blood transfusion, our bodies are unable to recognise or assimilate this type of supplement. Nutrients must be at their smallest molecular structure. As such, it is possible for them to be dangerous if in the wrong form or source. Eating animal protein does not provide protein per sé – however a diet high in plant aminos – in a broad blend, will allow your body to recombine in order to build the various long chain proteins required by the various systems of your body. Likewise, even fish-based supplements are no more effective to your body than dog-based supplements. Side effects often outweigh benefits.
- Supplements that are based on one or very few ingredients serve to cause further imbalance, throwing the entire body and all systems out. The medical habit of supplementing with calcium or iron or folic acid – or any other single source type suggestion (also adopted by many natural health professionals as alternative health becomes more medicalised) has arguably caused as much damage as other medical iatrogenic forms in the western world.
A good supplementation program will include the widest selection in the smallest number of sources. Something capable of building from a cellular level will affect every system of the body. Something capable of offering an alkaline/anti inflammatory protocol of detoxification, chelation, blood cleansing, cell building, tissue healing, immune building and both hormone and enzyme balancing/building is far more effective than ad hoc supplementation.
I have always seen the construction of any treatment plan to begin at a cellular level and to include every single aspect possible rather than trying one idea at a time. This offers no balance and serves only to drag out the healing process unnecessarily. So, how should basic supplementation be structured? Bear in mind this is a basic protocol – however it will positively affect the health of anyone, even if suffering more in depth health issues, notwithstanding unknown allergies or sensitivities.
Chelation – the benefits of chelation are too extensive to list in this one article, however they include (sources WebMD, Dr Joel Wallach – American Longevity, Ray Sahelian) –
- Mineral deficiencies.
- Low energy.
- Reducing blood cell clumping.
- Reversing early cataracts.
- Delaying greying of hair.
- Flushing poisonous heavy metals from the body.
- Improving general well-being.
- Reducing aches and pains.
- Blood cleansing.
- Increases absorptive action of food nutrients.
Recommendation – order here
Wholistic Plant Based Superfood Tonic – if your supplement is simply labelled as Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, B2 and so on, you can almost be certain that it is synthetic. Good supplementation is all about the source and how synergistic it is with all other ingredients. Most supplements have all RDA necessary ingredients thrown in, no better than eating a standard western diet. Whether liquid, powder or tablet/capsule in structure the ingredients must be able to compliment each other, work together and be small enough in molecular structure for your cells to not only recognise the nutrients but be able to utilise them in their entirety. They should include a range of superfoods, antioxidants, herbs, enzymes, probiotics, immunity builders, organ healing herbs, adaptogenics and digestive tonics to encourage full absorption. Again, the benefits are too extensive to list here but will positively affect the health of any person consuming them. They will not only fill the gaps in a modern diet but address every aspect of physical, hormonal and psychological health.
Child or for those who prefer liquid tonics – Order here
Powder form – Order here
Capsule form – Order here
While this is a very basic form of supplementation, it is also very extensive. There are many aspects of health so please don’t take this to mean you have to do nothing else. Pure, organic ALKALINE foods, non toxic personal care and cleaning products, filtered water, essential fats/oils, superfoods, smoothies, fresh juices and more dedicated supplement recommendations are advised for particular health needs and issues.
Make no mistake – if you continue to self abuse and ignore warning signs, nothing will help. No magic pill or vaccine or surgical procedure.
However, this is arguably the best start you can get!
For a full indepth health assessment see here